INTRODUCTION TO IMPLANT DENTISTRY
Introduction to Implant Dentistry is a four days course of continuing lecture, hands-on, and live surgery, which is designed to make sure every doctor receives the knowledge to perform implant dentistry on daily basis. The program will guide the doctors to “kick start” implant procedures in their own office and feel comfortable in implant surgery.
- The program includes two days of introductory lectures, hands-on, and case studies followed by live surgery and surgery review. The program will bridge the gap between theory and clinical reality in implant dentistry where they will provide guidance from case diagnosis and treatment planning to surgical complications and restoration. It will ensure that participants’ offices are properly equipped and staff is properly trained to perform implant surgery.
- During the event, live surgery will be held at instructor’s office with trained staff. Surgery will be performed under direct supervision of the instructor. Surgery case will be prescreened for liability and patient protection purposes.
- Mini-Residency is available for participating doctors for continuous support. The mini-residency includes two live surgery events in participating doctor’s offices, staff training, and discussion on office preparation.
- Course Registration Form (Also available online)
- Live Surgery : Patient Consent Forms
*All forms can be received from GDIA. Contact to request samples.
How to Register
Course Registration Form
(online, e-mail, or fax)
according to the
completed 7 days prior
to first day of the event
- Tuition fee
- USD $3,999 (4 days program)
- USD $5,500 (4 days program include Mini-Residency)
- Method of Payment
- Check: Make the payment payable to Global Dental Implant Academy or GDIA
- Credit Card:
Finance payment also available, contact for more detail:
Refunds are granted only if a written cancellation notiﬁcation is received at least 31 days before the course. 50% of the tuition minus processing fee will be refunded if cancellation occurs within 21 days before this course. No refund is granted afterwards. A $75 fee is withheld for processing. Cancellation must be notiﬁed in writing by E-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional registrations, Xerox and send.
LECTURE & HANDS-ON: Introduction to Implant Surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Radiology including CT Imaging
- Live surgery patient requirement announcement
- Hands-on : Drilling protocol and techniques on wooden blocks and mandible models
- Surgical Technique I : Basic implant surgery on posterior region
LECTURE & HANDS-ON: Clinical Case Review on Implant Surgery
- Surgical Technique II : Immediate implant surgery on posterior region
- Surgical Technique II : Implant surgery on anterior region
- Hands-On : From incision, placing implants, to suturing on porcine jaw
- Surgical Technique IV : Advanced implant surgery with soft tissue management & esthetic result
LECTURE & HANDS-ON: Live-Surgery: Perform Live-Surgery under Direct Supervision of Instructor
- Implant Training : Perform live-surgery under the direct supervision of the instructor at instructor’s office
- Implant Training : Surgery observation
- Implant Training : Assist surgery for office staff training
LECTURE & HANDS-ON:
- Live Surgery Review
- Surgical complication and predictability
- Impression technique to final restoration
- Basic bone grafting
- Two live-Patient surgery events in participating doctor’s offices
- Allow the doctors to “kick start” implant procedures in their own office by directing the doctor and office staff to feel comfortable to perform procedures by themselves.
- Ensure that office is properly equipped and staff is properly trained to perform implant surgery.
Stephen Kallaos, DDS
Stephen Kallaos, DDS earned both his Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of California, Los Angeles. After a 3 year residency, he earned a Specialty Certificate in Periodontics from the University of California, San Francisco and is a Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Kallaos hold a conscious sedation permit from the State of California and enjoys practicing in Southern California. He has extensive clinical experience, has lectured on implant placement and bone grafting, and is committed to continuing education
Stephen Kim, DDS
Dr. Kim is a graduate of New York University College of Dentistry with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery Degree. He continued his postgraduate studies and served his residency as chief resident at Peninsula Hospital Center in New York City where he was exposed to all aspects of oral surgery, bone grafting, implantology, medicine, and trauma. He practiced dentistry in two private offices in New York (Rockefeller Center and Long Island) for 7 years before moving back to his hometown on Southern California. Now he operates a group practice in Orange County
GDIA Seminar facility
GDIA Seminar facility