Prosthodontists are faced everyday with the “growing problem” of implant complications due to the increased number of patients needing dental implant treatments. Prosthodontists are asked to help solve clinical problems such as misaligned implants or mechanical complications such as screw loosening/fracture, implant fractures, framework, resin base and veneering material fractures, opposing prosthesis fractures and overdenture mechanical retention problems.
The “take-home tips” will serve as helpful reminders on how to prevent these complications from occurring. Moreover, the management of these complications will be described in depth in an attempt to provide guidance and direction for clinicians when they experience any of the problems listed above - “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.”
- Sequential treatment planning on a complete mouth rehabilitation
- Fabricating diagnostic implant radiographic and surgical templates
- Fabricating predictable jaw position records
- Repairing retention loss of attachments used in implant overdentures
- Selecting long lasting attachments
- Preventing breakage of different components in functional implant overdentures
- Placing final implant screw or cement-retained complete arch restorations
- Retrieving restoration in easy procedures
- How to do an accurate impression taking and reducing clinical visits
Call (323) 617-4141 or E-mail email@example.com for additional information.