Dr. Jin Y. Kim, a seasoned periodontist and leading implant surgeon, will spend an entire day covering the pertinent topics that affect implant dentistry as a whole. Are we maximizing on the body’s potential to heal? Is implant surgery and GBR at a plateau, or are there new developments on the horizon? What are the evidence in routine things that we do in implant dentistry, both in surgery and in restorative aspects? What is evidence based, and what is not? These are some topics to be discussed together with a number of clinical cases with up to 20+ years of follow-up. This lecture would be beneficial to all clinicians who are involved in implant dentistry, whether it is restricted to restorative, or both surgical and restorative.
At this “Mythbuster” lecture, the following statements will be fact-checked:
- Implants are stronger than natural teeth
- Implants cannot be placed into infected sites
- Implants should always be submerged
- High insertion torque causes bone necrosis
- Implants cannot be immediately loaded
- Implants can be immediately loaded
- Flapless implant surgery is most conservative
- Zirconia implants are the most biocompatible
- Implant crowns should mimic the natural teeth
- Implant can last a lifetime
*Breakfast & Lunch will be provided
Call (323) 617-4141 or E-mail email@example.com for additional information.